[BNM] Worldwide hosting

Hazlitt Eastman hazlitt at manta9.com
Tue Jun 22 08:59:37 BST 2021

Thanks loads for the suggestion James.

I think I probably need to take a good look at stats and speed requirements to see if it will be necessary to go this far.

Best regards

Haze

On 17/06/2021, 17:06, "BNMlist on behalf of James Lawrie" <bnmlist-bounces at brightonnewmedia.org on behalf of james at silvermouse.net> wrote:

    Hi Haze,

    You could have one master server for the database and a slave on each
    “mirror” server as long as you made them read-only and there
    weren’t too many writes going back to the master.

    Website code will be fine as long as it’s coming out of some pipeline
    (into a container, or even just automatically synced).

    Only real issue will be user-writable files (eg. Sessions, uploaded
    content) if they need to persist across all the servers.

    Then you can use Route53 latency based DNS routing if it’s in AWS:
    https://docs.aws.amazon.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/routing-policy.html#routing-policy-latency