[BNM] Worldwide hosting

Andrew Smith andy at robotlovesyou.com
Thu Jun 17 17:16:16 BST 2021

Before you get into read replicas and multi region deployments you could
see what kind of performance bump you get from AWS Global Accelerator. (
https://aws.amazon.com/global-accelerator)

Our SRE team did a talk a couple of weeks ago on performance improvements
they saw with incoming API requests to our k8s clusters in North Virginia
and it was quite significant.
The improvement is not what you would see with a multi-region deployment
but if it was acceptable to the client it should be a LOT simpler to set up.

Best

Andrew