[BNM] Worldwide hosting

James Lawrie james at silvermouse.net
Thu Jun 17 17:06:41 BST 2021

Hi Haze,

You could have one master server for the database and a slave on each
“mirror” server as long as you made them read-only and there
weren’t too many writes going back to the master.

Website code will be fine as long as it’s coming out of some pipeline
(into a container, or even just automatically synced).

Only real issue will be user-writable files (eg. Sessions, uploaded
content) if they need to persist across all the servers.

Then you can use Route53 latency based DNS routing if it’s in AWS:
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/Route53/latest/DeveloperGuide/routing-policy.html#routing-policy-latency